Sunday 12 August 2012

Parasailing in Corfu

Corfu is an island in Greece and was one of my favourite places that we visited during our bus trip. We went out on a boat one day and were taken to a pebble beach where we could choose to have a go at some different water sports. I decided to give parasailing a go. Parasailing is when you are lifted up in a parachute and towed behind a boat. I'm not very good with heights so was a bit nervous, but decided I would face my fear. Once I was up in the air I loved it and we had a beautiful view of the surrounding islands. After parasailing we went back to the boat and had our lunch. There was lots of fresh bread, salad, fries and the best Greek tzatziki. If you haven't had tzatziki before it is a cucumber and yoghurt dip. It was delicious! Maybe we could make some of these international foods one day at school. Risharne, to answer your question the snails weren't my favourite thing that I've ever eaten, but it's good to give new things a go. They're very chewy so the texture isn't that nice, but they taste like the garlic butter they have been cooked in. I always made sure I had LOTS of the garlic butter on them :). Caitlin tells me that you haven't had any homework or had to stay in at lunch. Maybe I will have to start giving you all lots of homework when I get back (I'm just kidding). I'm disappointed that I am
missing out on Battle Ball, but I'm sure you are all doing an awesome job. You will have to let me know who wins. GO RIMU!! I'm going to watch the closing of the Olympic Games tonight on TV. I hear we won a gold in the 200m kayaking, which is very exciting to hear. Have you all been watching the Olympics at home? I'm sure you have been learning lots about it at school. Only two more weeks and then I will be home again. Make sure you are all squirting SeƱor Crump with your water bottles for me! I will post a little bit about some of the other places I have visited tonight, but will share my photos with you when I am back at school.

5 comments:

  1. we stay in nearly every day catilin.We have a new girl called teina and she still thinks that Mr Green is our real teacher

    from fynlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Miss Gentil

    Unfourtunatly rimu did not win battleball they came third and rata won!!:(

    from caitlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitlin,

      Hopefully Rimu will do better in the next house comp. Well done Rata!!! :)

      From Miss Gentil

      Delete
  3. Hi miss Gentil


    yeah RATA won the battleball coz rata is awesome and the parasailing looks AWESOME i wish i was there.Why didnt you bring me with you


    from jony rules

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi miss gentil i love your photo they are great
    from sapphire the great

    ReplyDelete

Our colourful classroom!! on PhotoPeach